ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Advice for managing large-scale OSGI repository for data analysis
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 15:09:03 GMT

Le 30 août 2011 à 11:39, Nicolas Lalevée a écrit :

> Le 30 août 2011 à 08:19, Marcel Bruch a écrit :
>
>> Hi,

>>> I have successfully made Ivy read a Eclipse P2 repository in order to download
its jars, like any other jar repository, but nothing more. The pieces should be there to do
the complete copy chain though.

>> I'm quite unexperienced with Ivy's Java APIs. Thus, may anybody confirm that this
solution is the way to go?

> I think you should look into the "install" feature of Ivy (see the doc about the ant
task [1]) and work around that. But as I dig into it, it seems there a missing piece. The
the actual bridge between Ivy and the update site loader.

> Here is what I would have done:
>
> 1. Have a ivysettings.xml in which you have both your updatesite and you local ivy repository
configured. (here we're missing the update site resolver).

FYI, I've just committed an updatesite resolver:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/resolver/updatesite.html

I have not tested it yet though.

Nicolas

> 2. In Java, do have an ivy instance:
> Ivy ivy = new Ivy().configure(settingsFile);
> 3. get the updatesite resolver :
> DependencyResolver resolver = ivy.getSettings().getResolver("myUpdatesiteResolverName");
> 4. Loop on every module with resolver.listOrganisations() and resolver.listModules()
> 5. For each module call: ivy.install(...)
>
> The missing piece should not be hard to code but I don't have much time now. If you're
willing to code it, see the OBRResolver for reference.