ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Michael Lake <michael.l...@willowtreeapps.com>
Subject Using ivy:retrieve sync="true" deletes my non-ivy managed jars
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:11:35 GMT

$ ls -1 libs/   # list out the libs directory which the only jar that is managed by ivy is
the oak-library*.jar
AdServer.jar
Facebook.jar
FlurryAgent.jar
asmack-jse-buddycloud-2010.12.11.jar
httpmime-4.1.1.jar
oak-library-1.0.5-SNAPSHOT-javadoc.jar
oak-library-1.0.5-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar
oak-library-1.0.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
ocpsoft-pretty-time-1.0.7.jar
signpost-commonshttp4-1.2.1.1.jar
signpost-core-1.2.1.1.jar
twitter4j-core-android-2.2.3.jar

let's say I modify my ivy.xml to use a different version of oak, say version 1.0.4

$ ant init-ivy # here's it's doing <ivy:retrieve sync="false" />

$ ls -1 libs/ # now I've got duplicates
AdServer.jar
Facebook.jar
FlurryAgent.jar
asmack-jse-buddycloud-2010.12.11.jar
httpmime-4.1.1.jar
oak-library-1.0.4-javadoc.jar
oak-library-1.0.4-sources.jar
oak-library-1.0.4.jar
oak-library-1.0.5-SNAPSHOT-javadoc.jar
oak-library-1.0.5-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar
oak-library-1.0.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
ocpsoft-pretty-time-1.0.7.jar
signpost-commonshttp4-1.2.1.1.jar
signpost-core-1.2.1.1.jar
twitter4j-core-android-2.2.3.jar

$ ant init-ivy-sync # here's it's doing <ivy:retrieve sync="true" />

$ ls -1 libs/ # as you can see, everything else gets deleted
oak-library-1.0.4-javadoc.jar
oak-library-1.0.4-sources.jar
oak-library-1.0.4.jar

ideally, I'd like to just have the oak-library*.jars change and everything else be left alone
(and no, I don't want to stick my other libs in the repository)

how can I accomplish this?