ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: ivy:publish build error
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:11:08 GMT
zharvey wrote on 09/15/2011 09:07 AM:

> I'm trying to get a project up and running using Ivy for the first time ever.
> I'm working on ivy:publish and getting an IllegalStateException stating:
>
> ivy file not found in cache for myOrg#myModule;1.0: please resolve
> dependencies before delivering
> (C:\Users\MyUser\.ivy2\cache\resolved-myOrg-myModule-1.0.xml)

It sounds like you aren't doing the resolve in the same ant run as the
publish, perhaps. Generally, a publish task should be preceded by an
ivy:settings and an ivy:resolve call.

> Essentially, I want that JAR to get published to a "pubRepo" repository that
> I define in my settings file. I'm just so overwhelmed by so many variables,
> I don't even know where to start the debugging process.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas as to what is happening here?

The best thing to do when you have specific troubleshooting questions
is to attach your ivy-settings.xml, ivy.xml, build.xml, and any logs.

Thanks,
---
Kirby Files
Software Architect