ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Howchin <adrian.howc...@mincom.com>
Subject Using client authentication (certificates) with Ivy
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 05:58:49 GMT
Hi,

I have an Apache HTTPD server setup in between my clients (which do Ivy
retrieves) and my Nexus server. In beautiful ascii art:
Client (ivy) <-->   (Apache HTTPD server) <-->   Nexus server

The HTTPD server requires client authentication via signed certificates
before it will pass the connection on to the Nexus server
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/ssl/ssl_howto.html#allclients).

I know how to get my browser to work with this setup (simply import a
certificate signed by the CA cert referenced by SSLCACertificateFile
inside the httpd.conf), but I don't know how to get this to work with
Ivy retrieve. I've tried using the "javax.net.ssl.*" options, i.e:

ant -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=/tmp/test.jks
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStoreType=jks -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=secret
-buildfile myBuildFile.xml

... and:

ant
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/tmp/test.jks-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStoreType=jks
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=secret -buildfile myBuildFile.xml

.. but neither of these work. I've tried creating a keystore and putting
inside the users' .ssh directory, but no joy. I've also tried simply
copying the signed certificate into the users' .ssh directory, but again
no joy.

Is it possible to use certificates for client authentication with Ivy?
If so, how?

--
Regards,
Adrian Howchin

This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is confidential information. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender and delete the transmission.
The contents of this e-mail are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the
Mincom Group of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.