ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Obendorf, Keston" <keston.obend...@intel.com>
Subject [conf] in artifactspattern
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:01:58 GMT
Is it possible to use [conf] in the artifactspattern for ivy:publish?

A little bit of background, our product needs to be compiled a little differently for creating
different installers, and so what happens is we just rebuild those binaries with a different
Configuration which defines a conditional compilation symbol (Our code is in .Net). This creates
multiple binaries with the same name, but with different code inside. We build these to bin\binaries,
bin\external_binaries, etc., depending on the configuration.

So for our Ivy files, I was thinking that we could separate these as different Ivy conf's.
With that decided, publishing the binaries will require [conf] in the artifactspattern:
    <ivy:publish resolver="local-bin"
                 conf="binaries"
                 module="${ant.project.name}"
                 artifactspattern="bin\[conf]\[artifact].[ext]"
                 revision="${build.revision}"
                 overwrite="true"
                 srcivypattern="ivy.xml"
                 status="${build.status}"
                 update="true"/>

When I run this task, I fail to publish anything:

impossible to publish artifacts for cevt#Kernel;0: java.io.IOException: missing artifact cevt.ssa#Kernel;0!SSA.dll

However, if I replace [conf] with an explicit name, it publishes fine.

    <ivy:publish resolver="local-bin"
                 conf="binaries"
                 module="${ant.project.name}"
                 artifactspattern="bin\binaries\[artifact].[ext]"
                 revision="${build.revision}"
                 overwrite="true"
                 srcivypattern="ivy.xml"
                 status="${build.status}"
                 update="true"/>

In the Ivy documentation it mentions that which properties are available can depend on what
operation you are doing. Am I right in assuming [conf] is not available in ivy:publish artifactspattern?

Also, here's the resolver, if it matters to the question:

    <filesystem name="local-bin">
      <artifact pattern="${local.bin.dir}\[artifact].[ext]" />
      <ivy pattern="${local.bin.dir}\ivy\[module].[ext]"/>
    </filesystem>

And the relevant parts of the ivy file.

<ivy-module version="1.0">
  <info organisation="cevt.ssa" module="Kernel"/>
  <configurations>
    <conf name="binaries" description="Includes all of the .dll files" />
  </configurations>
  <publications>
    <artifact name="SSA" type="dll" conf="binaries" ext="dll" />
  </publications>
</ivy-module>