ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why is Ivy using my machine's name as a revision?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:22:41 GMT
I guess the problem is that you didn't specify a revision in your ivy.xml files.
Could you check that for instance 'http://my-web-server/ivyrepo/artifacts/apache/commons-cli-1.2-ivy.xml'
contains a revision="1.2" attribute?

Something like:
<info organisation="apache" module="commons-cli" revision="1.2" />

If that revision is not specified, ivy will default the revision to 'working@<hostname>'

Maarten

________________________________
From: zharvey <zachary.harvey@gmail.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: Why is Ivy using my machine's name as a revision?

Sure thing - here is my ivysettings.xml:

<ivysettings>
    <settings defaultResolver="defResolver"/>
    <latest-strategies>
        <latest-lexico/>
    </latest-strategies>
    <resolvers>
        <chain name="defResolver" returnFirst="true">
             <url name="jarServer">
                  <ivy
pattern="http://my-web-server/artifacts/[organisation]/[module]-[revision]-ivy.xml"/>
        <artifact
pattern="http://my-web-server/artifacts/[organisation]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
             </url>
        </chain>
    </resolvers>
    <modules>
        <module organisation="myOrg" name="*" resolver="defResolver"/>
    </modules>
</ivysettings>

Hope this helps.  I researched ant a little and found it has an
${env.COMPUTERNAME} property that could be responsible for this bizarre
situation, but I'm not sure where the "working" username comes from.