ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From teknokrat <teknok...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: what in the world is happening here?
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 20:33:44 GMT
On 22/08/2011 18:15, Kent Rosenkoetter wrote:
> For a dependency declaration, you only declare the dependency itself and
> an optional configuration mapping.  Do not declare the artifacts of your
> dependency.  And make sure that "default" matches a configuration name in
> your module.
>
> If you declare a module named "MyLib" with configurations "runtime" and
> "build", then to depend on it you would need:
> 	<dependency name="MyLib" rev="latest.integration" conf="*->runtime"/>
>
> The "*" matches configurations in the module that depends on MyLib.  The
> "runtime" matches a configuration in MyLib itself.
>
> Kent

I am not getting this. I have a default configuration where compile time
dependencies go and I have a config configuration where configuration
files go. How do i declare a dependency so that each artifact gets
assigned to the correct conf?

If I write

<dependency name="module" rev="latest.integration" conf="*->default"/>

I just get everything going into the default conf. Not what I want.