ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Bruch <br...@cs.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Advice for managing large-scale OSGI repository for data analysis
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:12:04 GMT
Hi ivy-users,

we are currently setting up a large code repository for OSGI bundles. Goal of this work is
to create recommendations models for Eclipse Code Recommenders intelligent code completion,
code search, and extdocs platform (see http://eclipse.org/recommenders and http://code-recommenders.blogpost.com
for details). The OSGI bundles will be collected from public available Eclipse Update Sites
and should be stored locally using a Maven/Ivy like directory structure. After the sites have
been copied, several analyses will be run to extract information such as frequent usage patterns,
common code snippets etc.

I just learned that since 2.3. Ivy has support for dealing with OSGI dependencies such as
import packages etc. which is really big news! Since documentation is a bit rare yet, I'd
like to ask you for little information what can be done with Ivy 2.3:

1. Is it supported to copy/mirror an Eclipse P2 repository into a local Ivy repository?
2. Is there a simply way to create an Ivy file from an existing OSGI-bundle manifest?
3. How well is resolving OSGI dependencies supported? Are there any known limitations I should
be aware?

Thanks a lot,
Marcel

--