ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Using IvyDE with Android and Eclipse 3.6.1 and Mac 10.6.8
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 08:57:19 GMT

Le 16 août 2011 à 20:02, groovinfingers a écrit :

> Hello.
>
> I've been trying to use IvyDE to replace my .classpath entries with ivy.xml.
> My goal is to reference ivy.xml from both our ant scripts and our launch
> configuration files while our dependencies remain in one place (i.e. in
> ivy.xml).
>
> To begin, I figured I'd limit my complexity by attempting to achieve one
> goal - build an Android project in Eclipse while the project references
> ivy.xml.  Since Eclipse will auto-build a project anytime the contents of a
> file change, a successful build in my mind is one that contains no build
> errors in Eclipse.  Note that I am not attempting to build this Android
> project using ant.  I am solely building it using Eclipse.
>
> I began by installing IvyDE using the Eclipse plugin installation URL that
> is declared in the documentation.  Then, I restarted Eclipse.  Upon viewing
> the Eclipse preferences menu, I can now see a menu entry for Ivy.  I made no
> changes to this.
>
> Next, I created a new Android project.  The project contains one activity
> and shows Hello World on the screen.  I verified that I was able to install
> the app on to my phone and that the app works.
>
> Next step was to create a dependency on a jar.  I choose Google's gson
> product.  I added the jar to our /lib folder and then added the jar to the
> project's build path.  In our single Activity class, I then created an
> instance of a class that is contained in the jar file.  I did this to ensure
> that the project will recognize that it has a dependency on this jar.  The
> project still builds successfully and the app runs fine on the phone.
>
> OK - time to create a new ivy.xml file.  I did this by right-clicking the
> project and selecting the create new file option.  I selected the option for
> ivy file, followed the wizard, and then selected finish.  I made no changes
> to any of the options in the wizard.
> I did manually add the reference to gson.  Here is the file.
>

> <ivy-module version="2.0"
>
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/schemas/ivy.xsd">
>    <info
>        organisation="test"
>        module="test-iv"
>        status="integration">
> 	</info>
> 	<dependencies>
> 		<dependency org="com.google.gson" name="gson-1.7.1" rev="1.0"/>
> 	</dependencies>
> </ivy-module>
>

> Next, I followed the steps in the doc to essentially remove all dependencies
> from the build path and instead add ivy.xml to the project's build path.
> This is where I started having problems.
>
> After removing the reference to gson from the build path and then adding a
> reference to ivy.xml to the build path, my build failed.  This is where I am
> stuck.  Here is the error.
>

> Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
> Impossible to resolve dependencies of
> [...]

quite long indeed, but very detailed and this helps understanding what you are trying to do
:)

When you launch an ivy resolve, do you have any popup which says it failed ? In such case
look at the "details" of the pop up to know what is going on.

To diagnose resolve issues, you can also look in the Ivy Console:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/latest-milestone/console.html

Nicolas