ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <>
Subject Re: Using IvyDE with Android and Eclipse 3.6.1 and Mac 10.6.8
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 08:57:19 GMT

Le 16 août 2011 à 20:02, groovinfingers a écrit :

> Hello.
> I've been trying to use IvyDE to replace my .classpath entries with ivy.xml.
> My goal is to reference ivy.xml from both our ant scripts and our launch
> configuration files while our dependencies remain in one place (i.e. in
> ivy.xml).
> To begin, I figured I'd limit my complexity by attempting to achieve one
> goal - build an Android project in Eclipse while the project references
> ivy.xml.  Since Eclipse will auto-build a project anytime the contents of a
> file change, a successful build in my mind is one that contains no build
> errors in Eclipse.  Note that I am not attempting to build this Android
> project using ant.  I am solely building it using Eclipse.
> I began by installing IvyDE using the Eclipse plugin installation URL that
> is declared in the documentation.  Then, I restarted Eclipse.  Upon viewing
> the Eclipse preferences menu, I can now see a menu entry for Ivy.  I made no
> changes to this.
> Next, I created a new Android project.  The project contains one activity
> and shows Hello World on the screen.  I verified that I was able to install
> the app on to my phone and that the app works.
> Next step was to create a dependency on a jar.  I choose Google's gson
> product.  I added the jar to our /lib folder and then added the jar to the
> project's build path.  In our single Activity class, I then created an
> instance of a class that is contained in the jar file.  I did this to ensure
> that the project will recognize that it has a dependency on this jar.  The
> project still builds successfully and the app runs fine on the phone.
> OK - time to create a new ivy.xml file.  I did this by right-clicking the
> project and selecting the create new file option.  I selected the option for
> ivy file, followed the wizard, and then selected finish.  I made no changes
> to any of the options in the wizard.
> I did manually add the reference to gson.  Here is the file.
> <ivy-module version="2.0"
> xmlns:xsi=""
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="">
>    <info
>        organisation="test"
>        module="test-iv"
>        status="integration">
> 	</info>
> 	<dependencies>
> 		<dependency org="" name="gson-1.7.1" rev="1.0"/>
> 	</dependencies>
> </ivy-module>
> Next, I followed the steps in the doc to essentially remove all dependencies
> from the build path and instead add ivy.xml to the project's build path.
> This is where I started having problems.
> After removing the reference to gson from the build path and then adding a
> reference to ivy.xml to the build path, my build failed.  This is where I am
> stuck.  Here is the error.
> Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
> Impossible to resolve dependencies of
> [...]

quite long indeed, but very detailed and this helps understanding what you are trying to do

When you launch an ivy resolve, do you have any popup which says it failed ? In such case
look at the "details" of the pop up to know what is going on.

To diagnose resolve issues, you can also look in the Ivy Console:

View raw message