ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <>
Subject Re: Advice for managing large-scale OSGI repository for data analysis
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:39:29 GMT

Le 30 août 2011 à 08:19, Marcel Bruch a écrit :

> Hi,
> On 29.08.2011, at 23:25, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
>>> 1. Is it supported to copy/mirror an Eclipse P2 repository into a local Ivy repository?
>> I have successfully made Ivy read a Eclipse P2 repository in order to download its
jars, like any other jar repository, but nothing more. The pieces should be there to do the
complete copy chain though.
> I'm quite unexperienced with Ivy's Java APIs. Thus, may anybody confirm that this solution
is the way to go?

I think you should look into the "install" feature of Ivy (see the doc about the ant task
[1]) and work around that. But as I dig into it, it seems there a missing piece. The loading
of an updatesite is coded and probably works, but there is no Ivy resolver which does the
actual bridge between Ivy and the update site loader.

Here is what I would have done:

1. Have a ivysettings.xml in which you have both your updatesite and you local ivy repository
configured. (here we're missing the update site resolver).
2. In Java, do have an ivy instance:
Ivy ivy = new Ivy().configure(settingsFile);
3. get the updatesite resolver :
DependencyResolver resolver = ivy.getSettings().getResolver("myUpdatesiteResolverName");
4. Loop on every module with resolver.listOrganisations() and resolver.listModules()
5. For each module call: ivy.install(...)

The missing piece should not be hard to code but I don't have much time now. If you're willing
to code it, see the OBRResolver for reference.

View raw message