ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Peter Kahn <citizenk...@gmail.com>
Subject C, C# and Ivy - Publishing binaries and many supporting files
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 15:56:04 GMT
Hi all,

How do you approach publishing a binary library plus a large number of
supporting files?   Specifically, we have a build that produces a binary DLL
+ many include files.  I'd like to know what's the standard practice and
what are the gotchas.

I can publish the DLL and a zip containing the include files which forces
subscribers to retrieve and unpack prior to build
I can publish the DLL and a lose directory of files but I'm concerned about
effort required to maintain this over time
 - do I need to reference each file as a publishable/retrieveable artifact?
 - do I run into a risk of stale files being used by subscribe builds (foo.h
is deleted and published, but foo.h remains on the subscriber build
workspace even after retrieve)

What approach do you take to keep effort and cleanup risks low?

 Thanks

Peter

--
Peter Kahn