ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shaka Tard <shakat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Artifactory / Nexus and Ivy
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:00:53 GMT
Peter,

I was a little confused by your query.  You indicate you already use Nexus,
thus, it's clear you seem to have a good understanding of the role of an
artifact repository already, but it seems like maybe you have another
question that is unsaid, perhaps?

Nexus *is* a repository manager, and your last question regarding knowing
about a tool to enable that for Ivy has me somewhat confused, I must
confess, because the "tool" is already "enabled" in Ivy.  Publishing
artifacts to Nexus is a fairly straightforward process, once you see an
example or two.

Maybe you are having problems getting publishing to work, perhaps?   Perhaps
I'm missing something, and if so, I apologize.

Everyone else's responses are all very good, right and correct, but they
didn't seem to scratch the one itch that I had, which was to ask, maybe you
are asking a question but maybe you don't know perhaps how to ask it?  Ivy
can appear to be confusing to start out with, I know it was for me, which is
why I am asking because I had questions about it myself that I wasn't sure
how to even ask.

Thanks
shaka