ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Tim Brown <tpbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: container supplied jars excluded in ivy
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2011 18:53:25 GMT

> The order of your extends doesn't make sense to me because the runtime
> dependencies are a superset of the compile time, so you'd be overkill on the
> compile.

Odd, for me the inverse is true.  I need the most things on my classpath at
test time [servlet spec, junit], fewer at compile [servlet spec], and fewest
at run time [just my war].

Here's the snippet of my configurations, and their mapping.  I use
externalized configuration so there's added confs for configuration and
externalized WSDLs..

    <configurations
defaultconfmapping="runtime->runtime(*);config->config(*);test->runtime(*);compile->runtime(*)">

        <conf name="config"  description="LCFG configuration templates
associated with this module"/>
        <conf name="wsdl"  description="WSDLs associated with this module"/>

        <conf name="runtime" extends="config,wsdl" description="anything
necessary to run; bundled into EAR/WAR"/>
        <conf name="compile" extends="runtime" visibility="private"
description="anything necessary to compile"/>
        <conf name="test" extends="compile" visibility="private"
description="anything needed to run unit tests"/>
    </configurations>

HTH,

~T