ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: ivy:buildlist and parallizing build
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 10:04:57 GMT

Le 8 juil. 2011 à 22:40, Jonathan Williams a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> We currently use Ivy:buildlist + subant to build a large multi-module
> project. As the project grows, the topic of parallelization has inevitably
> come up as one of the ways we could speed up compiles. A search on this
> topic has shown some interest in implementing this in the past, but nothing
> recent or concrete as far as results go. Does anyone have a solution for
> this, or are we SOL?

I did setup a parallel build but not only with ant and ivy. It was a setup on Hudson/Jenkins.
Each project was a Jenkins Job, configured with the Ivy plugin, and with the option to not
actually launch the build if an upstream project is already building. That way the build was
quite parallel without messing up with the dependencies order.

Nicolas