ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Prior <spr...@geekster.com>
Subject Re: container supplied jars excluded in ivy
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2011 18:45:31 GMT
On 7/24/2011 12:51 PM, Tim Brown wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I use confs to do this too, but flipped from what you show below.
>
> - runtime; everything that belongs in the war
> - compile; extends runtime and adds compile time deps
> - test; extends compile and adds test time deps

The order of your extends doesn't make sense to me because the runtime
dependencies are a superset of the compile time, so you'd be overkill on the
compile.

The trick here with the shared tomcat lib war is that the set math changes
direction - the compile time are the smallest, then generic runtime is bigger,
then cmdline runtime is the most, but then the war (container based) is a little
less.  It's that change of direction that's the tricky part.

I still like the idea that the set of shared jars on the container is more of a
site local configuration rather than at the project level and that it is an
exclusion at the end which would make it less of a hassle to deal with in the
library definitions, I just don't know how it can be done in the config syntax.

Or I could be completely misguided...

Steve