ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Heine, Christian (EXTERN: VWGEDS)" <extern.christian.he...@volkswagen.de>
Subject Issue on ivy:publish using self defined ivy properties
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 06:19:34 GMT
Actually i try to publish some self-created jars to our ivy repository. Anything works fine
if i use the following settings for the local resolver:

<filesystem name="local">
    <ivy pattern="${ivy.settings.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/[module]_[revision].xml"
/>
    <artifact pattern="${ivy.settings.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/[module]_[revision].[ext]"
/>
</filesystem>

And the following build.xml publish task:

<ivy:info file="${project.home}/ivy.xml" settingsRef="bportal.ivy"/>
      <property file="${project.name}/trunk/build.properties"/>

      <property name="ivy.bundle" value="${project.version}"/>

      <ivy:buildnumber resolver="local" settingsRef="bportal.ivy" organisation="${ivy.organisation}"

                             module="${ivy.module}" revision="${project.version}" defaultBuildnumber="1"/>

      <ivy:resolve settingsRef="bportal.ivy"/>
      <ivy:publish resolver="local" pubrevision="${project.version}_build${ivy.new.build.number}"
overwrite="false">
            <artifacts pattern="${project.home}/bin/${ivy.module}_${project.version}.[ext]"/>
      </ivy:publish>

      <echo message="Published in Ivy-Repository: ${ivy.module}_${project.version}_build${ivy.new.build.number}"/>

On each publish a new jar file is published with a new incremented buildnumber.
Now I've to add a subfolder to separate those published files by revision number, but without
the buildnumber extension. By this reason i could not use the [revision] tag in the resolver
to separate those files, while it's overwritten with the buildnumber postfix.
So i tried to set up an ivy property ivy.bundle before the publish starts with the origin
revisison number. The definition of this property works fine and i could access it in my resolver.
But now the trouble starts:
If i use this property to extend the pattern to:
<filesystem name="local">
             <ivy pattern="${ivy.settings.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/${ivy.bundle}/[module]_[revision].xml"
/>
             <artifact pattern="${ivy.settings.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/${ivy.bundle}/[module]_[revision].[ext]"
/>
</filesystem>
Any publish fails while the buildnumber is not incremented anymore, the returned new build
number is always 1 (default value). And i got the following error message:
C:\iPAD_SDE\CruiseControl_2.8.2\projects\build.xml:131: impossible to publish artifacts for
bportal#ena.ejb;working@vwagwocob02x: java.io.IOException: file copy not done from C:\iPAD_SDE\CruiseControl_2.8.2\projects\ena.ejb\trunk\bin\ena.ejb_1.3.0.jar
to X:\iPAD_SDE_Updates\ivy-repo\bportal\ena.ejb\1.3.0\ena.ejb_1.3.0_build1.jar: destination
already exists and overwrite is false
If i replace the ${ivy.bundle} property from the resolver with hard text (i.e. 1.3.0) or an
ivy extra attribute defined in the ivy module anything is working fine again and the buildnumber
is incremented on each publish. The ivy extra attribute is not an option, while I've to change
the ivy.xml file anytime I've got a new revision.
I have no idea what is the difference between using hard text and ivy properties in the resolver
to determine the correct buildnumber ...
Any suggestion? I would be greatful for any help.
Best regards,
Christian Heine

T-Systems on site services GmbH
Procurement Systems

Telefon/phone: +49-5361-9-78564
E-Mail: extern.christian.heine@volkswagen.de

Christian Heine
Consultant
Alessandro-Volta-Straße 11, 38440 Wolfsburg
+49-5361-464 78-x (Tel.)
+49-5361-464 78-10 (Fax)
E-Mail: christian.heine@t-systems.com
Internet: http://www.t-systems-onsite.de

Geschäftsführung: Stefan Kappe, Georg Rätker
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Berlin HRB 51336
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Ust.-Id Nr. DE 181 120 485

Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal
in error; any review, dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately delete this message
and all its attachments. Thank you.