ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mark R Maxey <Mark_R_Ma...@raytheon.com>
Subject Extending Ivy Files
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:39:22 GMT

Can anyone point me to a working example of where one Ivy file extends from
another?  I've tried, but am stumped.

I have 3 Ivy files:
      ivy.xml: organisation="foo" module="bar" - I use this to retrieve
      stuff from keystone#schema
      ivy-bar.xml:  organisation="keystone" module="schema" - This uses
      info's "extends" element to include keystone#conf
      ivy-conf.xml: organisation="keystone" module="conf"

I keep getting the error (my cache is located in /some/path/cache):

WARN: Unable to parse included ivy
file ../ivy.xml: /some/path/cache/org/ivy.xml (No such file or directory)
in file:/some/path/cache/org/ivy.xml

Without using info's "extends" element, everything works fine.

This confuses me for many reasons:
      I don't use relative paths anywhere, i.e., I don't use "../" to
      reference anything.
      I don't have any files that rely on loading "ivy.xml".  I can start
      and run much of the retrieve target fine, so ivy.xml is valid.  If I
      use extends "location" attribute and specify "ivy-conf.xml" directly,
      then I get almost the same error, just with "ivy.xml" replaced by
      "ivy-conf.xml".
      /some/path/cache/org/ivy.xml really doesn't exist and never will.
      I'm not sure why it is looking there.

I've tried setting extendType="configurations", but it had no affect.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mark Maxey