ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE Workspace Resolver
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 09:47:57 GMT

Le 6 juin 2011 à 16:53, efe4it a écrit :

> Hi
>
> Since my previous post, I added javadoc artefact publication, which works
> fine if calling ivy from ANT (after some tweaking of deliver/publish).
>
> But now the WorkspaceResolver is lost again, and my only solution to stop it
> complaining is to disable version checking in the global IvyDE preferences.
> However this is only a workaround.
>
> Now I would like to debug IvyDE to understand what happen.
> How do you setup Eclipse to debug the resolve step of IvyDE ?

The usual first step is to look into the Ivy Console:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/latest-milestone/console.html

About how the workspace resolver work, you have to understand that IvyDE is then trying to
see the eclipse workspace as an Ivy repository. So the ivy.xml files in the Eclipse project
must have enough information so that it really looks like a repository. The only difference
should be about the artifacts. Since there is nothing actually published, IvyDE doesn't really
care about the <publications> tag in the ivy.xml. But you should not reference any artifact
in the dependencies section.

Nicolas