ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Not Zippy <notzi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: questions on ivy usage/setup
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 15:11:44 GMT
I think 90% of your questions are answered in the online documentation about
the resolvers
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/resolvers.html

1.1) You can specify the location that ivy uses to download the artifacts,
they have to go somewhere ...
1.2) You can publish locally or specify a different (filesystem) repository
using resolvers.

2.1) You only need to publish an item once, this is a good practice to get
in the habit of doing

3.1) You can create a jar classpath by using the known location of the jars
you downloaded step (1.1) and the fileset tag in ant, that can be used to
set a property in any which can be written out to a file. WIWD If your ant
task deploys the artifact to the webshpere I would copy any artifacts
downloaded to a specific location and use this location to build the
manifest classpath.

4.1) Once again this is a resolver setting, you can specify how long an item
is "valid" in your cache.

Hope this helps
Nz