ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Not Zippy <>
Subject Re: questions on ivy usage/setup
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 15:11:44 GMT
I think 90% of your questions are answered in the online documentation about
the resolvers

1.1) You can specify the location that ivy uses to download the artifacts,
they have to go somewhere ...
1.2) You can publish locally or specify a different (filesystem) repository
using resolvers.

2.1) You only need to publish an item once, this is a good practice to get
in the habit of doing

3.1) You can create a jar classpath by using the known location of the jars
you downloaded step (1.1) and the fileset tag in ant, that can be used to
set a property in any which can be written out to a file. WIWD If your ant
task deploys the artifact to the webshpere I would copy any artifacts
downloaded to a specific location and use this location to build the
manifest classpath.

4.1) Once again this is a resolver setting, you can specify how long an item
is "valid" in your cache.

Hope this helps