ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shaka Tard <shakat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with publish
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 14:28:15 GMT
I was able to "solve" my problem, although it is using a much less than
satisfying mechanism.

I had to script an ANT copy to duplicate the following files in the
.ivy2/cache directory before the call to publish:

resolved-spe-ste-batch-working@sandbox.xml
resolved-spe-ste-batch-working@sandbox.properties

to these file names:

resolved-spe-ste-batch-1.0.2.xml
resolved-spe-ste-batch-1.0.2.properties

Additionally, I needed to replace the string "working@sandbox" to "1.0.2" in
those files as well.

The files being copied were newly created from the ANT script, and thus
contained the latest resolved dependencies.

This "simulated" the deliver task of the publish which I thought would have
created these files automatically, but didn't.

I've examined other examples of publish tasks online, notably this one:
http://ivysvn.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ivy-common-targets.xml
and I am essentially performing the exact same series of tasks, and am
getting less than acceptable results.

Obviously, I still need some assistance in understanding the failure here,
but I have a horrible workaround at the very least, which will allow me to
publish this artifact to Nexus.

I am using IVY 2.2.0-RC1.  I'll be upgrading this when I get a chance, and
I'll report back my results.  Additionally, this is obviously going into a
SNAPSHOT repo, which also appears to be related in this entire mess, and I'm
sure I probably need to append -SNAPSHOT to files to get all this to work
properly, most likely.

As always, any thoughts, hints, suggestions or thoroughly explicit
instructions and analysis would be greatly appreciated.  :)

Many thanks in advance,
Shaka