ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Louis Boudart <jeanlouis.boud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extending Ivy Files
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:57:12 GMT
Hi Mark,

Extends mechanism tries first to check on filesystem to find the parent
module descriptor (../ivy.xml by default but can be specified through
location attribute on extends tag). If found it checks that it matches with
organisation / module information from extends tag.
If not found it tries to resolve it using all defined repositories.

Then problem comes when you try to publish as ivy tries to parse the module
descriptor from the cache, if your module descriptor uses "extends" feature
it will check first parent descriptor on file system (../ivy.xml by
default). That's why you have this strange warning.
Extends mechanism has been strongly improved on trunk, and this kind of
problem should not happened now, could you please give a try with a nightly
build ?

extendType attribute is used to "limit" what you want to be inherited *info*,
*description*, *configurations*, *dependencies*, and *all* (default is all).

Cheers,

--
Jean Louis Boudart
Independent consultant