ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Garner, Shawn" <Garner.Sh...@principal.com>
Subject RE: Transitive dependencies?
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:15:14 GMT
I don't know of a good way directly in Ivy.
If you use a build server like Jenkins you can trigger another build after the build of the
current project.

Without a build server you would have to manually write an ant file that builds project A,
B, C in order.

There is a Multi-project example in the samples section of the Ivy distribution demoing this.
 The website tutorial goes through it.

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Jefferson Magno Solfarello [mailto:jmagno.ti@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:43 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Transitive dependencies?

Hello all,

I have a multi-project setup like this:

Project A publishs 5 artifacts

Project B publishs 3 artifacts

I would like to have a dependency in a way that Project B can publish its
own artifacts plus the artifacts of Project A.

In the future maybe Proj A publishs more artifacts, I don't want to declare
the artifacts published by Proj A on the Ivy file of Proj B.

I could have a Project C, that depends of project B, and when I execute
<ivy:retrieve> on project C, Ivy downloads all the artifacts published by B
(8 artifacts)

Is there a way to do that?

Regards,

Jefferson

-----Message Disclaimer-----

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or
reply email to Connect@principal.com and delete or destroy all copies of
the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from the
Principal Financial Group or any of its member companies may be retained
as required by law or regulation.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an Electronic signature
for purposes of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) or the
Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign")
unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

While this communication may be used to promote or market a transaction
or an idea that is discussed in the publication, it is intended to provide
general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with
the understanding that The Principal is not rendering legal, accounting,
or tax advice. It is not a marketed opinion and may not be used to avoid
penalties under the Internal Revenue Code. You should consult with
appropriate counsel or other advisors on all matters pertaining to legal,
tax, or accounting obligations and requirements.