ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From efe4itcc <efe4i...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE Workspace Resolver
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 21:37:13 GMT

Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> This works fine for me. Since I don't a full setup locally, I remove every
> dependency in the ivy.xml files, except the dependency on win32registry on
> lib-exception.
> Have you tried to clean your caches ?
>
> Nicolas

Hi Nicolas.

I indeed did clean the caches many times, both using IvyDE or the ANT task.

I spend a couple a hours tonight testing around and I finally found out how
to reproduce the bug.

I started from a fresh Eclipse runtime and a new Workspace. Below is the
exact sequence I used.

1/ Downloaded Package Helios SR2 classic
2/ Added plugins/features: Subclipse TeamProvider & SVNKit for svn-1.6.x,
Eclipse MarketPlace and Easy Shell, then IVY-2.2.0 and IvyDE-2.1.0
3/ Imported my projects from working copy, but keep win32registry closed
4/ Created 2 new projects in default location: moduleA and moduleB
5/ For both created ivy.xml on efe4it's template ivy files. ModuleB depends
on ModuleA and resolve works fine.
6/ Opened win32registry project and resolve fails as before.

Finally I found that resolve does fail when ivy.module matches the project
name, i.e.:
"ivy.xml"!/ivy-module/info@module  == ".project"!/projectDescription/name

To help you test _with_ the dependancy, I added to SVN a tool to setup the
"external" repository used in Javalibs (see also readme)
https://efe4it-suite.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/BuildTools/IVY/CorpRepoInstaller

Emmanuel