ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Not Zippy <notzi...@gmail.com>
Subject Ivy publish and retrieval questions
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 15:58:43 GMT
Hi

I am trying to create a project which publishes the jar and source code to
my archiva server (using ant script). This part is easy and it publishes the
jars and files like:
foo-1.0.jar
foo-source-1.0.jar

Item 1) Now I want to reference that published project in another project in
eclipse. But eclipse will only recognize the source code if it is the suffix
of the artifact. The only way I have found to fix this is to specify a
pattern for the publishing resolver like
pattern="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact].[ext]" so the
published files look like
foo.jar
foo-source.jar

Isn't that a bit more difficult then it should be ? Shouldn't eclipse be
able to be configured to determine a source file by some other means then
just the suffix of the file name ?

Item 2) Now I want to retrieve a particular configuration from the server
BUT the ibiblio resolver ignores ivy.xml files so I am forced to use a dual
resolver like

<dual><url name="two-patterns-example">

  <ivy pattern="http://ivyrep.mycompany.com/[module]/[revision]/ivy-[revision].xml"
/>
  <ivy pattern="http://ivyrep.mycompany.com/[module]/[revision]/ivy.xml
<http://ivyrep.mycompany.com/%5Bmodule%5D/%5Brevision%5D/ivy-%5Brevision%5D.xml>"
/>

</url>
<ibiblio name="maven2" m2compatible="true"/>
</dual>

Once again is that not more difficult then it needs to be ? If the ibiblio
resolver retrieved the ivy file this would simplify things greatly.

Just some thoughts..
NZ