ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Bob Lee <crazy...@crazybob.org>
Subject Using Ivy from a custom module system
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 05:51:57 GMT
I'm trying to integrate Ivy into a custom module system. I'm using Ivy's API
directly. I want to use Ivy to resolve and download external dependencies
(which are declared in a custom way), but I *don't* want to use Ivy to
manage the internal modules and dependencies. I think this is similar to how
Gradle uses Ivy.

Basically, I just want to use Ivy to gather up any dependencies outside of
my project and to report any conflicts. I'm considering writing dummy Ivy
files (one per internal module) to a hidden directory and then running
Ivy. Is there a more elegant way I can implement this without writing XML
files, perhaps with a custom DependencyResolver or something?

Thanks,
Bob