ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "J.-P. Pellet" <jpp-...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Resolve OSGi dependencies in workspace
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 12:16:36 GMT
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for helping.

> Does org.plugin.mainlib is managed by IvyDE ?
> If not, it is normal as the IvyDE workspace resolver doesn't know about the PDE-managed
plugins. It should probably be a feature request.

OK, I secretly hoped I wouldn't have to include an ivy.xml file if specified osgi="bundle"
in my dependency.

So now I've added that ivy.xml file just to make the OSGi bundle known to IvyDE, and it resolves
properly — but no transitive dependencies are added. Isn't it supposed to go and look at
my MANIFEST.MF and try to resolve those dependencies, too?

> I hope you know that the OSGi dependency management with Ivy is in early stage. I'm also
glad you're trying it :)

I think it's an excellent idea, at least for the Require-Bundle style. My main problem is
now that I have some libs that are supposed to work as part of an Eclipse-based application
(and are thus compiled by PDE build) but should also be available as plain jars, compiled
by ant+ivy, and avoiding to redeclare all dependencies twice, once in MANIFEST.MF and once
in ivy.xml sounds great!

J.-P.