ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: How to create a filesystem repository
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 21:05:24 GMT
jose.nunez-zuleta@barclayscapital.com wrote on 05/02/2011 04:55 PM:
> Hello Kirby,
>
> Bootstrapping to an existing repository is the best way? By bootstrapping a monstrous
repository will be created with a lot of stuff that is not really needed in the end. How difficult
is to create an 'empty repository' and fill it with the right contents? (your Perl script
is definitely useful, same as the ant task to publish to the new repository).

> I'm trying to follow this short tutorial:
>
> http://www.drillio.com/en/software-build/apache-ivy/create-local-repository-guide/

I think we're saying the same thing. I didn't mean to suggest that you
copy the *entire* contents of the SpringSource, Jboss, or Maven repos
into yours, just that you use ivy:install to copy your public
dependencies from one of those repos (use the main Maven repo as a
last resort, as its metadata is truly inconsistent). So everything in
your repo should be necessary -- a dependency (direct or transitive)
of your project.

Ivy will create its own ivy.xml from poms, though you may desire to
edit it, if the current metadata is a mess.

Thanks,
---
Kirby Files
Software Architect