ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From efe4it <ext.atos-origin.emmanuel.fou...@sncf.fr>
Subject Re: IvyDE Workspace Resolver
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 10:59:11 GMT

Hi

Small update here, because I had some troubles again with the workspace
resolver.

When using ANT outside Eclipse, I tell it to publish using "trunk" revision.
Using a non-default publish revision, instead of letting IVY set it to
"working@`host`" leads to strange behavior of IvyDE.

Suppose you cleaned cache and local (user-private) repository.
1/ Then if you resolve deps with IvyDE, it complains about moduleB not
finding "trunk" revision of moduleA.
That's normal: Local repository is empty, and WorkspaceResolver knows only
of the "working@..." revision of moduleA, because there is nowhere to tell
it what to use instead
2/ Then you run ANT and "moduleA;trunk" is published to local repo. In
Eclipse, no more complains.

Fine, but that's not what you would want:
IvyDE must find the eclipse projects' revisions in the WorkspaceResolver.
And if possible, ANT & IvyDE must works on the same revision.

To have IvyDE use the same publish revision label (i.e. trunk), I modified
"ivy.xml" and set "revision" attribute of <info> tag to "trunk"

Now IvyDE looks only for trunk revision, that are found in the
WorkspaceResolver

Btw, IvyConsole view helped a lot

HTH

Emmanuel