ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "marc.deboeck" <marc.debo...@syntigo.com>
Subject How to analyse dependencies ?
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 07:23:22 GMT

Hello,
We noticed that our dependencies are not always defined in an optimal way.
The reason is that people copy/paste dependencies from other modules, and
that they usually tend to include too many dependencies rather than
investigating what they really need.

I know I can use the ant-task "report" and "yed" for this, but I am looking
for something more intelligent. For example in analogy with the Maven
command "mvn dependency:analyze", I am looking for a means to:

* detect libraries that are use but haven't declared in the ivy.xml (but
work through transitive dependencies)
* detect libraries that are no longer used but are still present in the
ivy.xml.

Does anybody knows how this can be achieved with ant/Ivy ?

Thanks,
Marc