ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Resolve OSGi dependencies in workspace
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 15:02:07 GMT

Le 6 mai 2011 à 14:16, J.-P. Pellet a écrit :

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Thanks for helping.
>
>> Does org.plugin.mainlib is managed by IvyDE ?
>> If not, it is normal as the IvyDE workspace resolver doesn't know about the PDE-managed
plugins. It should probably be a feature request.

> OK, I secretly hoped I wouldn't have to include an ivy.xml file if specified osgi="bundle"
in my dependency.

> So now I've added that ivy.xml file just to make the OSGi bundle known to IvyDE, and
it resolves properly — but no transitive dependencies are added. Isn't it supposed to go
and look at my MANIFEST.MF and try to resolve those dependencies, too?

>> I hope you know that the OSGi dependency management with Ivy is in early stage. I'm
also glad you're trying it :)

> I think it's an excellent idea, at least for the Require-Bundle style. My main problem
is now that I have some libs that are supposed to work as part of an Eclipse-based application
(and are thus compiled by PDE build) but should also be available as plain jars, compiled
by ant+ivy, and avoiding to redeclare all dependencies twice, once in MANIFEST.MF and once
in ivy.xml sounds great!

humm, maybe you could try the "extends" in the ivy.xml to reference the MANIFEST.MF
see: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/ivyfile/extends.html

Nicolas