ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: Ivy for C/C++ libraries
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 19:00:29 GMT

It all works very well.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Palmer [mailto:swpalmer@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 1:44 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Ivy for C/C++ libraries

I want to use Ivy to manage some projects that use both Java and C+_+.  For the C++ side we
have several 3rd-party SDKs that we need to use.  These basically contain header files (.h)
and lilbraries for linking (.lib) and DLL files needed to deploy.

I was thinking of storing the 3rd-party SDKs as ZIPs and have some automated process to un-zip
them to a known location e.g.  %SDKS%\module_name\* so the C++ code could find them.  But
if it is easier to deal with the individual files as assets then I could do that as well.

Is there any sort of sample or tutorial that would help cover this case?
It seems the examples are very java-centric, I am likely not going to be using Ant when building
the native parts of the project, so I would like to call Ivy directly.. but I'm not against
making an Ant wrapper that invokes the native build process as well.

Regards,

Scott

and delete all copies of this message.