ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Steele, Richard" <r...@steelezone.net>
Subject Re: Using dynamic revision but restrict status?
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:24:08 GMT
Bump.

This isn't something anyone else has had to deal with?  Or am I missing
something completely obvious?  Is the answer as simple as "don't ever use
dynamic revisions?"  If so, then what good are they?

If this isn't currently possible, would an enhancement request be
worthwhile?  I envision allowing a dependency along the lines of

<dependency org="com.example" name="foo" rev="[1.0,1.1[" status="milestone"
/>

to mean a revision in the specified range with a status of milestone or
greater.  This would also allow for something like

<dependency org="com.example" name="foo" rev="latest" status="milestone" />

as a synonym for the current "latest.*status*" mechanism.

Thoughts?  Please?

Rich