ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From John McCarthy <jmsig...@gmail.com>
Subject Chaining Reports
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:46:52 GMT
Is it possible to chain ivy reports into a single report?

I have a module that is used for deployment.  That is, its artifact is a zip
file that contains all of its dependencies.  Then, an installer module
depends on this module by simple pulling in and unzipping the zip.  In a
way, I'm specifying that all of the deployment module's dependencies are not
transitive by having its dependencies pulled in through a private
configuration and having the public release configuration without any
dependencies.

This model works well, except then the installer ivy report doesn't contain
the deployment module's dependencies.  The installer module pulls in other
modules, and its ivy report is used as the ultimate reference to the
contents of the build.

So, I'm looking for a way to create a report that will contain both the
installer and the deployment module's dependencies.  I've messed around with
repreport, but that report is too broad.  I see that report has a resolveId,
but I'm not sure if this would help for my usage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John