ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <Kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject RE: Read all organizations, artifafact names, and revs from a repo?
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:51:14 GMT
Use the ivy:repreport task?

---
Kirby Files
Software Architect
Masergy Communications
kfiles@masergy.com

-----Original Message-----
From: James Carr [mailto:JamesCarr@carfax.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:43 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Read all organizations, artifafact names, and revs from a repo?

Hi All,

I'm getting around to help migrate a badly maintained flat file third party jar repo to resolve
third party jars from nexus. An unfortunate problem is the existing flat file repo had jars
manually downloaded with ivy.xml files created by hand so the orgs and names don't match reality.
This is exacerbated by well over 1,200 projects with dependencies on these artifacts. I think
it goes without saying that converting projects to use the right organizations and names would
be a lot of work. ;)

So I got to thinking... is there some way I could use ivy and the existing ivy pattern resolver
to compile a list of orgs and names that could then be matched up with reality? From there
it'd probably be a simple matter of crawling the internal repository and programmatically
updating all the ivy.xmls.

Thanks,
James