ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Scott Palmer <swpal...@gmail.com>
Subject Ivy for C/C++ libraries
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:44:04 GMT
I want to use Ivy to manage some projects that use both Java and C+_+.  For the C++ side we
have several 3rd-party SDKs that we need to use.  These basically contain header files (.h)
and lilbraries for linking (.lib) and DLL files needed to deploy.

I was thinking of storing the 3rd-party SDKs as ZIPs and have some automated process to un-zip
them to a known location e.g.  %SDKS%\module_name\* so the C++ code could find them.  But
if it is easier to deal with the individual files as assets then I could do that as well.

Is there any sort of sample or tutorial that would help cover this case?
It seems the examples are very java-centric, I am likely not going to be using Ant when building
the native parts of the project, so I would like to call Ivy directly.. but I'm not against
making an Ant wrapper that invokes the native build process as well.

Regards,

Scott