ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Felix Drueke <fdru...@orga-systems.com>
Subject setting classpath
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:56:27 GMT
Hi,

I think the usual procedure to set the classpath via Ivy is to use the cachepath-task.
So I assume the following is a very common structure:

<target name="resolve" depends="ivy.bootstrap" description="--> resolve and retrieve
dependencies with ivy">
         <ivy:resolve />
         <ivy:cachepath pathid="build.path" conf="build" />
         <ivy:cachepath pathid="runtime.path" conf="runtime" />
         <ivy:cachepath pathid="test.path" conf="test" />
</target>

<target name="compile"  depends="resolve" description="Compile Component Source">
     <javac target="1.6" srcdir="src" destdir="classes" debug="true" classpathref="build.path"
/>
</target>

However if you do it like that Ant will always resolve prior to compiling.
Since resolving can potentially be very slow I wonder if there's a more convenient approach
that allows to make the cachepath persistent somehow (e.g. I resolved last week and
want to use that cachepath in the next ten compilations without resolving again).

Anybody ?

Felix

The information included in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it is strictly confidential
and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail as well as
any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorized
to use and/or copy this message and/or attachment and/or disclose the contents to any other
person.