ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From <jose.nunez-zul...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject How to setup a local filesystem repository with Ivy?
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 20:33:45 GMT
Hello Ivy users,

I'm new to Ivy and I'm trying to fix a big source base that has grown organically over the
years; one thing I want to do is to take advantage than we have all our libraries in a version
management system like this:

Librarydir/module1/mylib1.jar
Librarydir/module1/mylib2.jar
Librarydir/module1/mylib3.jar

Librarydir/module2/otherlib1.jar
Librarydir/module2/otherlib2.jar
Librarydir/module2/otherlib3.jar
Librarydir/moduleN/*jars

The problem I have is that I tried to setup the resolver from Ant and I cannot get the files
into the cache; I've been back and forth with the official documentation but I'm definitely
missing something:

My build file:

    <target name="publishlibs" description="Publish third party libraries in a Ivy repository">
        <ivy:resolve file="${libdir}/Module1/ivy.xml" showprogress="true"/>
        <ivy:publish revision="${revision}" organisation="${organization}" pubrevision="${
revision}" status="release" resolver="internal" >
                <artifacts pattern="${libdir }/[artifact].[ext]"/>
        </ivy:publish>
    </target>

My Ivy settings file:

<ivysettings>
        <property name="libraries.dir" value="Librarydir"/>
        <settings defaultResolver="internal"/>
        <resolvers>
                <filesystem name="libraries" cache="cache-libraries">
                        <ivy pattern="${libraries.dir}/[module]/ivy.xml"/>
                        <artifact pattern="${libraries.dir}/[module]/[artifact].[ext]"/>
                </filesystem>
        </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

And the Module1 ivy file:

<ivy-module version="2.0">
        <info organisation="myorg" module="Mama"/>
        <publications>
                <artifact name="mama" url="file:// Librarydir /Module1/mylib1.jar" />
                <artifact name="mama" url="file:// Librarydir /Module1/mylib2.jar" />
                <artifact name="mama" url="file:// Librarydir /Module1/mylib3.jar" />
        </publications>
</ivy-module>

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

--Jose

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.