ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Collins <gareth_coll...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How to add a complex project such as Spring or Hibernate to an ivy private Repository?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 05:15:27 GMT

I am curious (and I hope this does not sound rude) - what problem are you
really trying to solve with Ivy Roundup?

I primarily use ivy because I want a corporate internal repository for all
our third-party dependencies. Why would I want another external dependency
not under my control which takes a lot of work to keep up-to-date with new
releases into maven (I may be misunderstanding, but it appears ivy roundup
requires
hand-coding the ivy files - I just use the autogenerated ones without ivy
namespaces
so I can easily correlate my ivy repository jar locations to the
corresponding maven locations)
and doesn't solve sun/oracle jar publication issues?

regards,
Gareth

Andre-John Mas-4 wrote:

> Also, Ivy Roundup is likely to make your life that much easier. Contribute
> what is missing and you still
> have the option of running it as a clone within your intranet.
>
> My 5c.
>
> On 13-Apr-2011, at 16:53, Gareth Collins wrote:
>

>> Why are you trying to build an ivy file for hibernate? The latest
>> versions
>> of hibernate are in the red hat/jboss maven repository here:
>>
>> http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss/
>>
>> When you import hibernate into your own ivy repository (you can
>> reuse the build.xml in the build-a-ivy-repository example),
>> the pom.xml is converted to an ivy.xml file.
>>
>> Note if you need to import a lot of libraries from maven, you may need to
>> search
>> across multiple repositories:
>>
>> - Netty/JBoss (above) - projects sponsored by Red Hat
>> - Java/Oracle (http://download.java.net/maven/2/) - for J2EE jars (such
>> as
>> mail) because the Oracle license bars the other maven repositories from
>> distributing the jars
>> - Apache nightly
>> (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/) - if you
>> need to work off nightly apache code because a feature you require hasn't
>> been released yet.
>> - Jetty (http://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/jetty/) - if you cannot
>> find
>> a specific jetty jar version in the main maven repository (most likely
>> not
>> necessary)
>> - Maven main (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/) - everything else.
>>
>> Hope this is helpful.
>>
>> regards,
>> Gareth
>>

>> Adib-5 wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to figure out how to add a complex project such as
>>> hibernate to a private ivy repository. I am starting with a
>>> hibernate.zip file downloaded from hibernate.org and it contains
>>> hibernate3.jar and the jpa jar should i be creating a single ivy.xml