ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Collins <gareth_coll...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How to add a complex project such as Spring or Hibernate to an ivy private Repository?
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 20:53:44 GMT

Why are you trying to build an ivy file for hibernate? The latest versions
of hibernate are in the red hat/jboss maven repository here:

http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss/

When you import hibernate into your own ivy repository (you can
 reuse the build.xml in the build-a-ivy-repository example),
the pom.xml is converted to an ivy.xml file.

Note if you need to import a lot of libraries from maven, you may need to
search
across multiple repositories:

- Netty/JBoss (above) - projects sponsored by Red Hat
- Java/Oracle (http://download.java.net/maven/2/) - for J2EE jars (such as
mail) because the Oracle license bars the other maven repositories from
distributing the jars
- Apache nightly
(https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/) - if you
need to work off nightly apache code because a feature you require hasn't
been released yet.
- Jetty (http://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/jetty/) - if you cannot find
a specific jetty jar version in the main maven repository (most likely not
necessary)
- Maven main (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/) - everything else.

Hope this is helpful.

regards,