ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Build 2.2.0.final_20110323150448 and update site?
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:37:45 GMT

Le 26 mars 2011 à 00:15, Andre-John Mas a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> When should we expect build 2.2.0.final_20110323150448 to make it to the update site?
>
> Build 2.2.0.final_20110323150448 provides the option to "auto map jar artifacts with
unique source artifact", meaning that if the source jar name is not an exact match to the
binary, I will still be able to have the source associated with the binary, which is something
I find very useful. I wouldn't have known about this had it not been for someone on the "Ivy
Roundup" site. I installed it manually so I could have it, but I am curious if it is indeed
to be considered a "stable build" ready for the main update site.

In the 2.2, there are some big change in the way the resolve is launched, and the way retrieved
artifacts are managed. So the next version will probably be a 2.2 beta.

I use the 2.2 myself for my day job. So it works great at least for my use case.

To get an official 2.2 out (probably beta for the first one), I have a couple of issue I would
want to address before, and I don't know when I'll have time to get into it. Maybe we'll have
a release next next month.

Nicolas