ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Different dependencies for integration, milestone, release
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:58:48 GMT
The best and most common approach I'm aware of for handling this is to have
your Ivy settings including three different Ivy settings files, one for each
stage/status. Which settings to include is determined by a property. The
default value, and the one developers and the dev CI server would use, would
pick up the integration Ivy settings. This property would be overridden,
preferably by a value in a properties file under .ivy2 or elsewhere in
user.home, for milestone and release builds.

Note that your integration Ivy settings wouldn't just have integration Ivy
resolvers. It would have a chain of integration, milestone, and release. The
milestone Ivy settings would have a chain of milestone and release. The
release Ivy settings would have just release resolvers. This is presuming
that you've published your modules to different directories/locations--to
different Ivy repositories, literally--depending on their status
(preferable), or you at least have some way to distinguish between them
based on pattern within the same repo (acceptable).