ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Adib <amsl...@gmail.com>
Subject How to add a complex project such as Spring or Hibernate to an ivy private Repository?
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 06:54:20 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to add a complex project such as
hibernate to a private ivy repository. I am starting with a
hibernate.zip file downloaded from hibernate.org and it contains
hibernate3.jar and the jpa jar should i be creating a single ivy.xml
for all or hibernate in the repo with multiple configuration or should
I be creating multiple modules one module for jpa api and one module
for the hibernate3.jar ... etc.

In the case of spring should be creating a single organization called
springframework.org with multiple modules one module for each spring
part or should be creating a single module called springframework and
add all the various .jar files to it.

Any advice on the ivy way is greatly appreciated. I know that ivy can
use a maven repo but my goal is not create a maven repo, i want to
create an ivy repo optimized for ivy. What are are the differences
between an ivy repo and a maven repo?

Cheers
Adib