ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Tim Brown <tpbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publishing...
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:42:06 GMT
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Richard_Senior
<richard.senior@gmail.com>wrote:

> So, within eclipse I have all my individual projects open and I want to
> write a build script that compiles all of my modules and has them publish
> the local repository.
> But when I run the main build script in cruisecontrol I want the modules to
> be retrieved from elsewhere and put in the main repository.
> So at the start of every build I need to be able to selectively remove my
> modules from the main repository but leave the spring, commons, junit etc.
> files there.
>
> [jumping into this thread late, so apologies if I'm missing something..]

Can you elaborate on your process here? Is your goal to publish them locally
and then reference the resulting binary instead of project references?

Why not use IvyDE and not the local repo?

I've done what you're describing in the past.  My approach was to have a
common layout for my repository, then define two resolvers - one for local
[private], one for the shared repo, and then use a resolver chain to tie
them together.

What's your motivation for purging modules from the main [shared] repo?
 Wouldn't you want to treat a build,tested, and published binary as
immutable?

We use a bash script to purge modules from the repo when they're deleted
from source control (to prevent accidentally depending on a ghost), but we
normally don't trash or rebuild modules in the repo for other purposes.