ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Adib <amsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Contineous Deployment
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 02:38:55 GMT
Hi,

I am highly experienced with Ant but new to Ivy and I am finding Ivy
extremely confusing to understand, I have spent a lot of time reading
the docs, trying out the tutorial and have not been able to figure out
if what i want to do can be done with ivy or how to do it.

What I would like to do:

1) Setup a private ivy repository to share with a private development
team over the internet
2) Use subversion over https as the ivy repository, this subversion
repo will not be used to store my applications source code
3) I want to control what goes into the repository so I have no
interest in copying stuff from any of the public maven repos I want to
build my ivy.xml files in the repo by hand so that i can know exactly
what is on my classpath and why
4) The ivy repo should host my own modules and third party modules I add to it.
5) I want to be able to publish my own modules into the ivy repo by
doing an svn check-in

Is the configuration that I want doable with ivy and how hard is it to
configure something like this?

Cheers
Adib