ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: Publishing...
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:23:12 GMT
Richard_Senior wrote on 03/23/2011 01:31 PM:
> How do I publish to my main cache?

What's your "main cache"? You mean an HTTP repository? You can either
use NFS/CIFS filesharing to copy the files, or use Webdav or SFTP to
copy the files to the server. I use SFTP with an RSA keyfile; you need
to add jcraft jsch.jar to your ant classpath.

> Also... how do I selectively remove things from my main cache?

There's no decent way to remove things selectively. It's hard to have
reproducible builds when things keep changing in the repository.

> So, within eclipse I have all my individual projects open and I want to
> write a build script that compiles all of my modules and has them publish to
> the local repository.
> But when I run the main build script in cruisecontrol I want the modules to
> be retrieved from elsewhere and put in the main repository.
> So at the start of every build I need to be able to selectively remove my
> modules from the main repository but leave the spring, commons, junit etc.
> files there.
>
> How do you do this?

That's a really unusual workflow. I would recommend researching
SNAPSHOT releases rather than constantly replacing artifacts with the
same version. Ivy's caching behavior works really poorly for modules
which are updated with the same version.

Thanks,
---
Kirby Files
Software Architect