ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From heapifyman <heapify...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: global ivysettings.xml ?
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 14:19:42 GMT
Am 04.03.2011 15:11, schrieb Nicolas Lalevée:

> Le 4 mars 2011 à 12:37, heapifyman a écrit :
>

>> Hello all,
>>
>> coming from maven, I'm used to a global settings.xml in USER_HOME/.m2.
>>
>> Can I have a similar thing for ivy2? I was trying to change the
>> defaultCacheDir by putting an ivysettings.xml file into the
>> USER_HOME/.ivy2 with the following content:
>>
>> <ivysettings>
>> 	<caches defaultCacheDir="D:\.ivy2\cache" />
>> </ivysettings>
>>
>> This does not seem to be working.
>> Do I have to specify that setting in every project that uses ivy?
>
> You could also define the property "ivy.cache.dir" for that. Where you set that property
depends on how you use Ivy.

Where would I define that property? Currently, I'm experimenting with
sbt, which uses ivy for dependency resolution if I'm not mistaken.

I'd just like to move the cache directory out of my USER_HOME folder as
this needs to be kept at small size due to company policy.
And as I know myself I will keep forgetting to set that property if I
have to define it in every new project. That's why I'm looking for some
kind of global configuration.

Thanks,
Philip