ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kent Rosenkoetter <krosenkoet...@cequint.com>
Subject Error parsing ivy.xml files using Jenkins
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:52:13 GMT
Hello,

We have Jenkins (formerly Hudson) set up for our continuous build system, and I would like
to use the Ivy plugin for it. Right now we have half a dozen modules, each in their own directory
with their own Ivy-managed dependencies. We have freestyle projects set up that build fine
with our Ant build.xml files, but when I try to use the Jenkins Ivy plugin, I get an exception.

Parsing Ivy Descriptor Files

Parsing error while reading the ivy file /home/thudson/.hudson/workspace/Sandbox-HTTPConversion/AuthServer/ivy.xml

Parsing error while reading the ivy file /home/thudson/.hudson/workspace/Sandbox-HTTPConversion/CASRegistrationServer/ivy.xml

Parsing error while reading the ivy file /home/thudson/.hudson/workspace/Sandbox-HTTPConversion/CarrierInterfaceServer/ivy.xml

Parsing error while reading the ivy file /home/thudson/.hudson/workspace/Sandbox-HTTPConversion/ContentProxy/ivy.xml

Parsing error while reading the ivy file /home/thudson/.hudson/workspace/Sandbox-HTTPConversion/DataLayer/ivy.xml

Parsing error while reading the ivy file /home/thudson/.hudson/workspace/Sandbox-HTTPConversion/EcidCommon/ivy.xml

ERROR: Failed to parse ivy.xml files

java.io.IOException<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search?query=java.io.IOException>:
Unable to parse ivy descriptors

        at hudson.ivy.IvyModuleSetBuild$RunnerImpl.parseIvyDescriptorFiles(IvyModuleSetBuild.java:530)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=hudson.ivy.IvyModuleSetBuild$RunnerImpl.parseIvyDescriptorFiles&entity=method>

        at hudson.ivy.IvyModuleSetBuild$RunnerImpl.doRun(IvyModuleSetBuild.java:366)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=hudson.ivy.IvyModuleSetBuild$RunnerImpl.doRun&entity=method>

        at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:420)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run&entity=method>

        at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1362)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=hudson.model.Run.run&entity=method>

        at hudson.ivy.IvyModuleSetBuild.run(IvyModuleSetBuild.java:282)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=hudson.ivy.IvyModuleSetBuild.run&entity=method>

        at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=hudson.model.ResourceController.execute&entity=method>

        at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:145)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=hudson.model.Executor.run&entity=method>

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search?query=java.lang.NullPointerException>

        at org.apache.ivy.core.sort.CollectionOfModulesToSort.addToModulesByModuleId(CollectionOfModulesToSort.java:71)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=org.apache.ivy.core.sort.CollectionOfModulesToSort.addToModulesByModuleId&entity=method>

        at org.apache.ivy.core.sort.CollectionOfModulesToSort.<init>(CollectionOfModulesToSort.java:66)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=org.apache.ivy.core.sort.CollectionOfModulesToSort.%3Cinit%3E&entity=method>

        at org.apache.ivy.core.sort.ModuleDescriptorSorter.<init>(ModuleDescriptorSorter.java:51)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=org.apache.ivy.core.sort.ModuleDescriptorSorter.%3Cinit%3E&entity=method>

        at org.apache.ivy.core.sort.SortEngine.sortModuleDescriptors(SortEngine.java:99)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=org.apache.ivy.core.sort.SortEngine.sortModuleDescriptors&entity=method>

        at org.apache.ivy.Ivy.sortModuleDescriptors(Ivy.java:639)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=org.apache.ivy.Ivy.sortModuleDescriptors&entity=method>

        at hudson.ivy.IvyModuleSetBuild$IvyXmlParser.call(IvyModuleSetBuild.java:803)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=hudson.ivy.IvyModuleSetBuild$IvyXmlParser.call&entity=method>

        at hudson.ivy.IvyModuleSetBuild$IvyXmlParser.call(IvyModuleSetBuild.java:742)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=hudson.ivy.IvyModuleSetBuild$IvyXmlParser.call&entity=method>

        at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:114)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform&entity=method>

        at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:48)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform&entity=method>

        at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:270)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=hudson.remoting.Request$2.run&entity=method>

        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call&entity=method>

        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun&entity=method>

        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run&entity=method>

        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:651)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask&entity=method>

        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:676)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run&entity=method>

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)<http://stacktrace.hudson-labs.org/search/?query=java.lang.Thread.run&entity=method>

Finished: FAILURE

Is this a bug in Jenkins/Hudson, a bug in Ivy, or simply a matter of our ivy.xml files not
having required information in them? For reference, our ivy.xml files look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ivy-module version="2.2"
            xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/schemas/ivy.xsd"
            xmlns:e="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/extra">
      <info organisation="com.cequint" module="Foo" branch="platform" status="integration">
            <ivyauthor name="Cequint" url="http://www.cequint.com/"/>
      </info>
      <configurations>
            <conf name="compile" transitive="false" visibility="private" description="Compiles
the source into class files."/>
            <conf name="runtime" extends="compile" transitive="true" description="For running
systems that depend on this library."/>
            <conf name="build" extends="runtime" description="For use in an IDE, includes
source and JavaDoc."/>
            <conf name="test" extends="runtime" visibility="private" description="Build
the unit tests."/>
      </configurations>
      <publications>
            <artifact type="jar" ext="jar">
                  <conf name="compile"/>
            </artifact>
            <artifact type="javadoc" ext="jar" e:classifier="javadoc">
                  <conf name="build"/>
            </artifact>
            <artifact type="source" ext="jar" e:classifier="sources">
                  <conf name="build"/>
            </artifact>
      </publications>
      <dependencies>
            <dependency org="log4j" name="log4j" rev="1.2.16"/>
            <dependency org="org.apache.httpcomponents" name="httpcore" rev="4.1" />
            <dependency org="org.apache.httpcomponents" name="httpclient" rev="4.1" />
            <dependency org="javax.servlet" name="servlet-api" rev="2.5"/>
            <dependency org="junit" name="junit" rev="4.8.2" conf="test->default"/>
      </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

This is straight out of our source repository, which is why the revision is not specified.
All the Ivy files look like this, only some of them specify internal dependencies such as:
            <dependency name="Foo" rev="latest.integration" conf="build->build; *->runtime"/>

I appreciate any insight that anybody can offer. It seems likely I simply have not configured
everything properly, but so far nothing I have found online has given me a clue what could
be the problem.

-thank you,
Kent Rosenkoetter | SW Engineering – Server

Cequint Incorporated
1011 Western Avenue | Suite 800
Seattle | WA | 98104

p:  206.576.7258
f:   206.299.9127

www.cequint.com<http://www.cequint.com/>

Confidential Information – this email and any and all attachments to it are Cequint's confidential
information and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Any unauthorized disclosure or forwarding of this email or any files transmitted with it constitutes
a breach of your confidentiality obligations to Cequint. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender, delete this email from your system and do not disseminate,
distribute or copy this email or the files attached to it.  Please treat all documents shared
from Cequint as confidential.