ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From David Goblirsch <dgoblir...@interactivebrokers.com>
Subject Re: Error parsing ivy.xml files using Jenkins
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 23:13:49 GMT
Kent Rosenkoetter wrote:
> I have not been able to find any ivy.xml file in the wild that works with Jenkins+Ivy.
 In fact, I just created a new empty project and put the following minimal ivy.xml file into
it, and still got the same NullPointerException.

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <ivy-module version="2.2" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/schemas/ivy.xsd">
> 	<info module="IvyTestProject" organisation="com.cequint">
> 	</info>
> </ivy-module>
>
> If that fails, I don't know how anybody is using this successfully.

BTW, the reference manual says this about the "version" attribute of
<ivy-module>:

     the version of the ivy file specification - should be '2.0' with
current version of ivy

but after seeing your email I tried 2.2 and it works, but 2.3 does not.
So something in the code allows 2.2,
even though the manual says to stick with 2.0.  I also observe that the
schema file ivy.xsd doesn't constrain its value
other then to say it is an xs:string.