ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From David Goblirsch <dgoblir...@interactivebrokers.com>
Subject Re: Error parsing ivy.xml files using Jenkins
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:31:46 GMT
Mitch Gitman wrote:
> Kent, if I may turn the tables--assuming you get past this
> NullPointerException, what would be your sales pitch to someone like me who
> has not yet adopted the Jenkins Ivy plugin?

We do not use Nexus or any server. We are behind a Firewall and use only
simple file system resolvers, so
our system is perhaps simpler than most. But we have no problem using
ivy plugin 1.14 on Jenkins 1.392+

What it does for us is order the builds automatically, once each project
that has an ivy file has been built once.
After that, on  each project page you can see a list of downstream and
upstream projects. Thus, if I check in a change
to a library project with N dependents, each of those N dependents will
automatically be rebuilt after the
library is rebuilt. Since the ivy file is part of the checked in project
code, changing the ivy file also triggers rebuilds.