ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Prior <spr...@geekster.com>
Subject Re: Does ivy add any default filters used by the ant copy task?
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 02:02:08 GMT
On 2/4/2011 7:53 PM, Geoff Clitheroe wrote:
> We're using Netbeans generated build files with Ivy for the dependency
> management and it works just fine.  The copy looks similar
>
>        <copy todir="${build.web.dir}/WEB-INF">
>              <fileset dir="${webinf.dir}" excludes="${build.web.excludes}"/>
>          </copy>
>
> What's interesting is that all the Netbeans copy tasks seem to avoiding
> mixing binary and text files even though there are no filters at all.  It
> would be interesting if you could try moving the properties to a separate
> copy task and see if the problem persists.
>>
>> <copy todir="${dir.build.tmp}/WEB-INF/classes">
>>    <fileset dir="${dir.build.classes.main}">
>>       <include name="**/*.class"/>
>>       <include name="**/*.properties"/>
>>    </fileset>
>> </copy>

I just broke it into two tasks, one for .class and one for .properties and got
the same (bad) result.  I think the reason you'll see them separate is because
if someday you do decide to add a filter you want to make sure to do it on just
the text and not binary files, but in this case I'm not knowingly using any filters.

Steve